• Hsiao-Ron Cheng Workshop



    It's been a while since I wrote something here, as an apology I have to say I've been tremendously busy at work and also dealing with deadlines and commissions. But I'm really happy about all the results and I hope to show all of it soon.

    So today I bring you something I wanted to talk about for a while now.
    In October 21st to October 23rd I attended Hsiao-Ron Cheng first ever workshop (Galería Roja, Seville). The main purpose of the workshop was to learn how to paint digitally with photoshop, and because lately I've been trying to add color to my pencil drawings and portraits digitally I had to take this opportunity. Besides that I loved Hsia-Ron's work even before I known her as an artist. (I've been reblogging her stuff on tumblr for such a long time without knowing her name)

    As always workshops are such a great experience that allow you to connect with succesfull artists and learn from them, not only techniques but also how to approach to a client, how to build your style, etc. And Hsiao-Ron was not exception to that.

    Del 21 de octubre al 23 de octubre asistí, en la Galería Roja (Sevilla) al primer workshop de Hsiao-Ron Cheng. El objetivo principal fue aprender a pintar digitalmente con Photoshop, y como últimamente he estado intentando agregar color a mis dibujos a lápiz y retratos digitalmente tuve que aprovechar esta oportunidad. Además, me encantaba el trabajo de Hsia-Ron incluso antes de que yo la conociera como artista. (He estado reblogueando sus cosas en tumblr mucho tiempo sin saber quien era)

    Como siempre los whorkshops son una gran experiencia que te permiten conectar con grandes artistas y aprender de ellos, no sólo las técnicas, sino también cómo acercarse a un cliente, cómo construir su estilo, etc. Y Hsiao-Ron no fue una excepción.


    She showed us the whole process of her digital painting, doing it live and them we tried to mimic it to learn her tecniques. This is the first result:

    Nos enseñó todo el proceso de su pintura digital, en vivo(una pasada) y los tratamos de imitar para aprender sus técnicas. Este es el primer resultado:



    On the following days what I personally tried to do with her help, was to adapt what she showed us to my own style so I picked one of my drawings.

    En los siguientes días lo que personalmente traté de hacer con su ayuda, fue adaptar lo que ella nos mostró a mi propio estilo así que escogí uno de mis dibujos.




    And then I added color digitally
    Y le añadí color digitalmente




    Basically this workshop helped me a lot in taking a few steps forward to develop my own and personal art. Even though I still work with different styles like in this comic, this one and of course Piruli&Pituki.
    I love the final result and I'm already using this techniques in my latest works than I'll show soon.

    Tell me if you liked this, and about your experience with workshops.
    See you soon!!

    Básicamente este workshop me ayudó mucho para avanzar en mis propias ilustraciones. Aunque todavía trabajo con diferentes estilos como en este cómic, éste y por supuesto Piruli & Pituki.
    Me encanta el resultado final y ya estoy usando estas técnicas en mis últimas trabajos que los enseñaré muy prontito :)

    Contadme si os gustó, y si habéis asistido a algún workshop.
    ¡Besicos!

    1 comentarios → Hsiao-Ron Cheng Workshop

    1. Que chulada! Los workshops de la Galería Roja son tremendos, y aprendes un montón. Me acuerdo del de Miss Led n_n.
      Y sobre tus ensayos con esa nueva técnica, te digo que no tengo ni idea de como lo has hecho, pero queda muy bonito.
      Un saludo guapa.

    Publicar un comentario